Sundari and all you need to know about Concours d’elephant
Most of us try to refrain from the very cringe worthy idea of public toilets , the horrible stink, the dirty toilet wear or the water split sink, yes that is a common phenomenon in the public toilets! Imagine the same scene in your house , in your bathroom , this situation turns into a reality when you have guests over or are hosting a party at home. Especially when it’s your bedroom bathrooms one is sure to feel disgusted. So, I have a solution. A lot of us have already put this to use while some of us just avoid it due to the lack of space. What I am talking about are powder rooms or powder toilets!
Powder toilets are non attached bathrooms that can be used by guests and house members alike. These toilets are usually placed near the living room or the dining area to avoid the guests from invading your personal bathrooms.
Well practically speaking no one would want guests invading their personal bathrooms while so many personal belongings like cosmetics, clothes, etc., lie there. So to avoid all the hustle bustle of hiding your stuff away a powder room is a one stop solution .
Now that we all now what a powder room is let me give you a few ideas on how to decorate your powder room and as well as some bare essentials:
1. Powder rooms WC or basin either should be a nice statement piece. As a powder room only consists of the two, either of them should be impactful . I would suggest to have a unique basin as it is not very expensive.
2. Use a pop of color. A lovely wall paper of a smart design can be great for the walls of your powder room. A wall paper can be considered here because this is a no bath area hence there is no need to worry about moisture or dampness. A statement painting can also do wonders.
3. Go for flower power! Add a nice flower element to your powder room. It could be a feng shui one or a minimum management flower. Adding this will not only serve as an anti bacterial but will also give a nice pop of color .
4. Mirror mirror in the wall. As you might have noticed, I talk about mirrors in all my articles. A statement mirror is all you need. Get it cut or framed in a stylish design and place it above your basin and i am sure your guests would not want to leave the powder room.
5. Luminous id the name of the game! Dim powder rooms are a big no no! Light it up my Friends ! No tube lights please. This is one corner of your house that will be used by the majority number of guests, so make sure it is lit up! Use layered lights near the basin and simple over heads in the rest of the powder room
6. Vent-it-later! No, no, no, you cant vent the smell of a dirty powder room used by uncles later! Make sure you have a small yet nice vent to remove the nasty smell from the powder room
7. Odor or aroma well. This is a non interior concept but a very essential one. Sometimes a vent is just not enough. Make sure you have the aroma flush piece or a provision for perfume. It will be very important during the party hour.
8. Stock up your powder room to perfection! One never knows what a guest may need, but make sure you have the main stuff already stocked up. You wouldn’t want a guest coming out without their hands washed with soap or towel dried. And, no toilet paper? That could be the biggest blunder! Make sure you have a proper stock of stuff in your bathroom.
i know due to lack of spaces this facility is not available in many houses , but you can use these ideas for the guest bathroom too.
10 Home Décor Trends For 2017!
Make Way For Mismatched Kitchen Cabinets!
Home Decor Trend: Mixed Metals!
Make A Statement Literally With Typography Walls!