Maroon 5 – music album
Fashion industry in India has evolved to encompass a blend of contemporary, vintage and indo western culture, coming at par with the international fashion arena. With the advent of globalization, Indian fashion industry has witnessed a fusion of Indian and western dresses, which has contributed immensely to the spread of fashion as a driving force both among Indian consumers and western markets.
An important part of how people define themselves and others, as such it can be a powerful tool of influence, fashion has helped to galvanize cinema’s influence on fashion trends and interest around the world.
Indywood Fashion Premier League (IFPL), is India’s very first professional fashion event between 12 teams owned by Billionaires with business interest in the field of films and entertainment, that aims to show how cinema in its broadest sense has represented and interpreted fashion as a concept, an industry and a cultural form.
Held from Dec 2-4, 2018 under the umbrella of Indywood Film Carnival and hosted in association with the Indywood Billionaires Club, the Indywood Fashion Premier League shall celebrate India’s romance with fashion, and will see exceptional national and international designers, showstoppers and professional models compete for top glory by representing 12 teams owned by billionaires with business interests in the field of films and entertainment. Each team will represent a particular film territory and will showcase that region’s ethnicity and fashion trends.
As a part of the prestigious Indywood Film Carnival, the Indywood Fashion Premier League seeks to promote indigenous fashion and talent by commercializing India’s as yet untapped fashion sector.
- To brand the fashion industry of India globally using the country’s billion dollar film Industry
- To have the 1st Premiere League of India under the Indywood brand name and venue
- To become India’s No.1 fashion event in 5 years
Held under the umbrella of the Indywood Film Carnival and hosted in association with the Indywood Billionaires Club, the competition format envisages representation from the following unique film territories:
- Bollywood (Hindi): India’s largest film industry based on revenue, Bollywood is based in the city of Mumbai and represents 43% of India’s net box office revenue
- Tollywood (Telugu): Based in the city of Hyderabad, Tollywood represents almost 18% of India’s net box office revenue
- Kollywood (Tamil): Based in the city of Chennai, Kollywood has for long been the hub of South Indian cinema, and represents nearly 18% of India’s net box office revenue
- Mollywood (Malayalam): Considered as a storyteller’s paradise, Mollywood is the 4th largest film industry in India and is home to several acting icons of Indian films.
- Tollywood (Bengal): Also referred to as Tollywood, the Bengal Film Industry is known for its creative strength and is based in the Tollygunge region of Kolkata
- Sandalwood (Kannada): Based in Bangalore, Sandalwood produces over 150 movies annually, and has a considerable overseas distribution network.
- Marathi Cinema (Marathi): Based in old Mumbai, it is among the oldest and pioneering film industries of India, and has given birth to some of the country’s biggest names in cinema.
- Ollywood (Oriya): The Odisha film industry is one of India’s oldest film industries and is based in Cuttack
- Pollywood (Punjabi): The Punjab film industry is one of the fastest growing film industries in India thanks to the region’s unique storytelling culture.
- Bhojiwood (Bihar & East UP): The Bhojpuri Film Industry refers to films produced in the Bhojpuri language in western Bihar, eastern Uttar Pradesh and Madhesh in southern Nepal.
- Dhollywood (Gujarat): The Gujarati Film Industry is one of the oldest regional film industries of India, and is slowly being revived thanks to its stakeholders who have made a name already as top film producers
- Rest of India
Picture source : http://www.theifpl.com, Indywood Fashion Premier League, Fashion industry, Bollywood
Mind of Mine by Zayn Malik – music album
Soulbyweekly collaborates with VIBBIDI, a music streaming platform!!
‘Indywood Fashion Premier League’ : 2-4 December
Grape to Glass presents handmade Decanters from Riedel!
Adele’s Win At The 59th Annual Grammy Awards 2017!