The hyderabadi delicacy – PATHAR KA gosht is specially dedicated to the festivities of eid as it dates back to the delicacies from the royal kitchens of The Nizams of Hyderabad. The ingredients are full of medicinal values and aromatic secrets. PATHAR KA GOSHT goes best with the GILAFFY KULCHA. Find the recipe for this Eid Special: Patthar Ka Gosht shared exclusively for Soul readers by Chef Aman Tandon of Pride Hotel, Pune!
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Mutton(boneless) – 500g
Khas khas – 2tbsp
almonds – 50g
Milk – 1/2 liter
Green chillies paste – 2 to 3tsps
Red chilli powder – 2tsps
Whole garam masala – 2
Whole Black pepper – ½ tsp (slightly crushed)
Shazeera – ½ tsp
Garama masala powder – 1tsp
Ginger-Garlic paste – 2 tbsps
Desi Ghee – ½ tbsp
Salt to taste
Granite stone (slab) with charcoals for cooking
Patthar ka phool (optional) – 1 spice/herb
Coriander leaves – ½ bunch
Mint leaves – 1/4 bunch
Meetha Kewda – few drops
- This dish is made on a hot stone…so goes the name, patthar ka gosht. Its a traditional recipe which is made very rarely, but believe me, its very easy to make.
- First heat a granide stone with charcoals underneath. Now heat oil together with desi ghee and add shazeera, whole garam masala.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste, khaskhas, badam paste, garam masala powder and whole black pepper(slightly crushed), pattar ka phool & salt.
- Add the mutton pieces and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add coriander and mint leaves and fry for sometime.
- Add half a liter of milk and pressure cook (for 10mins, cover the lid. Cook on a low flame till the mutton becomes tender and dry for approximately 30 minutes).
- Mince the entire preparation 3 times and divide the mixture into medallions of 2.5” diameter. Shallow fry on the charcoal heated granite slab getting the goodness of smoky and earthy flavours into it.
Do let us know how you like this delightful recipe by Chef Aman Tandon in the comments below!
Picture source: http://4.bp.blogspot.com, http://www.renskroes.com, http://images.forwallpaper.com, https://cdn.shopify.com
PURATOS INDIA BLENDS HEALTH WITH GREAT TASTE
Explore Global cuisines on a Plate Boulevard, The Orchid Mumbai
Keto Food Items You Should Start Eating
Its herbal tea time with lemon grass