Lots of people have a love and hate relation with the Monsoons. After few agonizing months of scorching heat it is indeed a welcome and happy change when the sky turns black. The thundering sounds and the droplets of water bring a huge relief to everything and every living being on this earth.
When the poets and the song writers turn to rains for their inspiration, penning down some of the most amazing songs ever like The Beatles’s “Rain, I don’t mind/Shine, the weather’s fine” or the Purple Rain by Prince, fashion takes a seat back.
Nobody wants to ruin their favorite dress or their favorite sandals in the mushy muddles of water, do they? However SOUL’s take is slightly different. Yes we don’t want to spoil our favorite dress or footwear, but why in the first place do we need to wear them during monsoon?
Monsoon brings not only a change in the weather but also a change in fashion. Despite the puddles and frizzy hair, one can always look impeccable and stylish in the gloomy rainy days. All you need is the right guidance and stylist to help you pick the right stuff.
So how about sit back, relax and enjoy a hot cuppa tea as our SOUL stylist helps you in reorganizing your wardrobe for this monsoon.
– Firstly put away all the heels and translucent dresses\shirts away (away doesn’t mean away for good, you can store them and bring them out again once the monsoon is over or on the days when it’s sunny and bright).
– Replace your heels with some stylish Ankle Gum Boots or the classic Wellington Boots. There are many branded options (Burberry, Ralph Lauren, and Coach) to choose from and then there are few others which are easy on the pockets.
– Acetate footwear is a must. While we all have our loyal crocs and flip flops, these days we can shop for a variety of style and colors in acetate footwear. Pumps, Ballerinas etc. are available with all the leading brands as well as High Street brands like Tommy and Zara.
– Invest in some good classic Trench Coats. We don’t need to spell out which ones to buy as Burberry instantly comes to mind when we mention trench coats. While the regular classic black and beige are the most preferred choices why not go for the more colorful ones as well as the ones with some sheen.
– Instead of buying yourself the mundane dull black umbrella, go for some nice and cheery colors and prints like polka or paisley. A good solid umbrella is a must to invest in. It may look like a small accessory but believe us it isn’t. Premium Brands to High Street to the Local ones, all of them offer a variety of size and style when it comes to umbrellas.
– PVC-Handbags are a must as we don’t want to ruin our leather bag when it comes in contact with the water.
– Water-proof make up is another essential thing to be bought. We wouldn’t want our mascara to flow and make us look like a dirty crying mess.
– Last but not the least, don’t forget to get yourself a waterproof phone cover to protect your entire life (emails, social media, contacts etc) from being wiped off in a jiffy.
Who said monsoon and fashion can’t go hand in hand? Armed with the above tips, we are sure you are going to have a stylish monsoon and get that perfect selfie clicked whilst in rain under an umbrella.
Happy Monsoon Readers!
Shein Fall – Season’s 3 different looks
Threads and Stitches collection by Rustorange
Sunglasses From Coolwinks!
Fashion Trend: The Trendy Quilted Slip On Sneakers!
Dhokra – The Ode to an ancient heritage!