Mango Dessert: Napoleon Of Alphanso And Meringue Glaze!
Festival season is a time to bond with family and friends over heart touching gifts, idle chatter and most importantly, delicious food. Nothing cements a bond with family or friends better than sweets! After all, delicious Diwali dessert can put the mind to ease and bring a fuzzy warmth to the heart. So don’t waste anymore time and check out this tempting recipe for Truffled hotsams/Chocolate samosas by Chef Aman Tandon of Pride Hotels, Pune, right away!
CHOCOLATE SAMOSA FILLINGS
4ltr milk (½ for rabdi)
20ml synthetic vinegar
brown sugar powdered to sweeten chenna
300g white chocolate
300g dark chocolate
100g roasted sliced almond , cashew nuts , pistachio
Samosa skins to make samosa
1. Boil Half the milk as the milk reaches boiling point, add vinegar and make fresh chenna out of it . Divide the chenna into small balls and ballance the sweetness with powder sugar .
2· Chop the chocolates separately and add to the chenna along with half the dry fruit mix.
3. Mix well and allow cooling before using it in the samosa skins.
4. Deep fry for 2 minutes and coat with chocolate filing.
FRESH BERRY AND CHOCOLATE RABDI (As a sweet Dip)
200g white chocolate
300 ml coconut milk
100g mixed berries chopped (strawberry, blue berry or any seasonal)
¼ cup condensed milk
¼ tsp elaichi powder
a few saffron strands
1. Boil the milk in the bottomed pan – reduce in condensed milk and sugar and cook on a simmering flame to reduce and stir .
2. Put the cardamom powder and saffron and mix properly.
3. Store it in a refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
4. Melt the chocolate, mix with rest of the ingredients.
5. Serve chilled.
(We can substitute fruit crushes in case of non availability of exotic fruits in small quantity as they are already extra sweet as a blend)
This Diwali dessert is the sure shot way to the hearts of children and elders alike! Tell us how you liked it in the comments below. And, wish you all a fantastic Diwali once again.
Mango Recipe: Amritsari Aam Lonjee Da Achaar!
Summer Dessert Recipe: Buttermilk Panna Cotta With Strawberry Coulis!
Baisakhi Special Recipes: Patiala Shahi Kukkad and Punjabi Pindi Chana Zyka
Valentine’s Day Special: La Isla Bonita!
Valentine’s Day Special: Very berry Bellini