Independence Day Lookbook !
One of the most awaited fashion events of the year, the Met Gala 2017, opening party for the Metropolitan Museum’s annual fashion exhibition took place on 1st May 2017 in New York. A themed event which garners the attention of fashion police all over the world, this year was no different with the theme keeping the celebrities on their toes. This year’s theme for the Met Gala 2017 was “Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garcons: Art of the In-Between” in honour of the famous cult Japanese avant-garde designer Rei Kawakubo whose designs are famous for their unusual take on size and silhouette. Read on to find who were the ones who managed to balance glamour with the evening’s theme and took the title of the best-dressed for the Met Gala 2017.
1. Rihanna – The star of the night was undoubtedly Rihanna as she was the only who turned up in an original Commes des Garçons floral creation in red and matching lace-up sandals. She did complete justice to the theme while looking magnificent!
2. Chrissy Teigen – Chrissy Teigen looked outstanding in an elaborately-sheer monochrome Marchesa gown adorned with white lace and floral applique design.
4. Katy Perry – The co-host for the night, Katy Perry went all-out in a custom made Maison Margiela Couture red tulle and silk chiffon dress by John Galliano, complete with a chrome headpiece and red lace veil.
5. Zendaya – Zendaya walked in a sweeping, tropical printed Dolce & Gabbana ball gown with an off-shoulder neckline and took everyone’s breath away.
6. Nicki Minaj – Nicki Minaj paid homage to Kawakubo in a dramatic H&M red and black minimalistic bodysuit with a duchesse satin kimono top, a sweeping train and an oversized obi belt featuring Kawakubo’s face.
7. Kerry Washington – Kerry Washington chose to tackle the ‘In-Between’ part of the theme with a custom-made black cutout gown with silver patchwork embroidery that she paired up with Michael Kors accessories.
8. Halle Berry – Halle Berry looked stunning in a sheer black Atlier Versace halter neck jumpsuit that featured a long, full train decked with gold scallops.
9. Janelle Monae – Janelle Monae stepped out on the Met gala red carpet in a voluminous tulle and feathered Ralph & Russo ball gown that captured all the eyes.
Which of these did you love the most at the Met Gala 2017? Let us know in the comments below!
Monsoon Fashion wardrobe!
Best airport looks by Bollywood celebrities!
Gucci ace Sneakers!
Fashion trends to watch out for in 2018
Wedding bells, flowers and resplendent ceremonies!