7 Ways To Go Green This Spring!
Hello, my lovelies are you ready for the pitter-patter raindrops on your shoulder? Are you ready to puddle and splash in the mini swimming pools courtesy the heavy downpour ? Well I am!
Monsoon is blissful because it renders new lease of life to the drudgery caused by the daunting summer. If have been pondering about how to keep yourself engaged this monsoon how about creating own garden? But gardening means often running outside to look after the plants, regularly watering it and keeping tab on the fertilizer requirement, does not it sound quite time consuming?
Well we have covered that for you, how about creating an indoor cactus garden!
Why should you have a cactus garden?
- Cactus can add an out-of-the-box vibe to the room
- It can take the look of a room few notches higher
- Nurturing a plant is one of the best feelings in the world
So how to create your cactus garden?
- Create an assortment of small cacti and place them inside a regular pot. You can either paint the pot white or draw red ladybugs or polka dots or honeybees. Trust me it will look great!
- Another way to add twist to the entire look is lathering the pot with glue and then wrapping around rope. This will exude a sophisticated and more matured look. Perfect for those who love to keep their décor minimalistic yet evergreen. Place several of these cactus containers on the desktop and voila the desktop has never looked this lit before! Add abstract photo frames and a vintage table clock to maximize the effect.
- If you want to break the monotony of the dull balcony and render it the much needed makeover, then hanging cacti garden sounds dreamy and visually pleasant ! Purchase different varieties of cactus from the market like the red spines (this is one of the most beautiful variety of cactus known for its ruddy crowning glory!), eastern prickly pear cactus that is famed for surviving extreme conditions and the pipe organ cactus that take time to grow but it grows all tall, spiky and lustrous green. You can buy bamboo baskets from the market, place these succulents on them, and suspend them from the edge of the balcony lining. If you are all for maximalism and decking up your fairytale corner infuse fairy lights, tea lights and kawaii inspired bird feeders and let your neighbors go green in envy!
- If you are someone who loves minimalism and Disney then vouch for a crow’s claw cactus that is famed for its globe-shaped appearance and produces bright pink blooms as it grows! Place the cactus inside a basket and bedeck it with small collectibles like shells and wooden craft assortments for a Disney inspired theme! Our personalized cactus is ready for hogging the limelight on pinterest and instagram. I have recently done the same with my cactus!
- Another idea is to create cactus terrariums with colourful pebbles, funky toys and loads of ornaments. Always remember to place the cactus terrarium in an open container as excess humidity can play the spoilsport.
I know you are already browsing through pinterest for décor inspirations but here are some quick tips:
- Having a cacti garden is not completely maintenance free
- Do not forget to water the cactus atleast once a week
- Cactus grows slowly and is root-bound. Therefore, if you find the roots are overgrowing the pots, then it is an insignia for a new address for dear cacti!
PS. In case, you are wondering about the kinds of outfit during gardening errands then click over this one to know more Fashion for the green thumbs
Summer Retreat: Canopies And Patios!
NO EXCUSE RESOLUTIONS!
Bohemian Make Over For Your Home!
Seek Room Décor Inspirations From These Five Fashion Bloggers!
Bring A Touch Of The Harry Potter World To Your Life!