As the heat wave makes everyone homebound, it is time to entertain our dear ones by throwing a home party! And what better way to treat our family and friends to a light, refreshing, low calorie and zingy summer dessert? That’s right, Buttermilk Panna Cotta With Strawberry Coulis by Chef Aman Tandon of Hotel Crowne Plaza, Ahmedabad City Center, is the perfect dessert for the onset of summer. It is an exotic, Italian way to consume chaach/buttermilk!
This unique summer dessert takes merely five to ten minutes at the most to make plus it’s a great way to use up leftover buttermilk which is a household drink during the sultry summer days.
1. It can and should be made the night before serving, hence it’s perfect for entertaining guests.
2. It is made in individual servings, which makes it fun for guests to relish.
3. It is light and summery.
4. It hardly takes any time to whip up.
5. It is simply said, delicious!
2 tbsp. (30 mL) unflavored gelatin
2 cup (400 mL) whipping cream
2 cup (250 Gm) sugar
2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla essence
1 cup (250 mL) buttermilk
1 pkg fresh strawberries and strawberry crush/dessert topping in syrup
1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of the cream.
2. Let it stand for 5 minutes. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring often, until dissolved.
3. In a separate saucepan, heat together the remaining cream, sugar and vanilla over medium heat until steaming.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the gelatin mixture and buttermilk.
5. Pour into six moulds/glass miniatures. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 2 days.)
For the Strawberry Coulis:
In a food processor, crush strawberries until smooth; press through a fine strainer into a bowl. Or keep strawberry crush as a readymade substitute of coulis. Run knife around the edge and across the buttermilk panna cotta of each container/ mould and turn out onto dessert plate. Drizzle coulis attractively.
Its herbal tea time with lemon grass
Celebrate Raksha Bandan with unique gifting ideas from ‘Sustenance Foods
Mango Dessert: Napoleon Of Alphanso And Meringue Glaze!
Mango Recipe: Amritsari Aam Lonjee Da Achaar!
Baisakhi Special Recipes: Patiala Shahi Kukkad and Punjabi Pindi Chana Zyka