Its herbal tea time with lemon grass
2016 has come to an end in a flurry leaving a trail of bitter sweet memories in it’s wake. It’s time to bid 2016 a goodbye and give 2017 a warm welcome with a bittersweet New Year Dessert to celebrate the Occassion. Whip up this delicious and unique dessert by Chef Aman Tandon of Pride Hotel, Pune, to share this moment of joy with your friends and family this New Year Eve!
Oreo Orange Nucifer Tiramisu Recipe:
A fusion blend of Tiramisu with the goodness of coconuts, mulled with Oreo crunch and threads of mandarin orange zest, folded and set chilled as a scrumptious dessert with myriad tastes.
For the Zabaglione
2 egg yolks
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
3 cups vanilla flavoured whipped cream
To assemble the Tiramisu
1/3 cup Mascarpone cheese / cheese spread
1/2 cup sweetened desiccated roasted coconut
2 cups orange juice, warmed
12 Oreo cookies ( sandwiched cream – removed )
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1. To Make the zabaglione, in a large mixing bowl, mix together the egg yolks, sugar, coconut milk, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Whisk together until the yolks are fully blended and the mixture looks smooth. Transfer the mixture to the top of a double boiler with simmering egg mixture over low heat, stirring constantly until it attains thick custard like consistency. Let the zabaglione cool and transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until it is thoroughly chilled.
2. Thoroughly mix the whipped cream and Zabaglione. Set aside.
3. To assemble the tiramisu, Put the warmed orange juice in a shallow dish. In a large bowl, beat the mascarpone cheese as it will make it easier to fold. Add the prepared, chilled zabaglione and cream mix, blending until just combined. Gently fold in the mascarpone/cheese spread and the shredded coconut. Set this cream mixture aside.
4. Working quickly, dip 12 of the oreo cookies in the orange juice, about 1 second per side. They should be moist but not soggy. Immediately crumb it and drop in stemmed glass, alternating layers with the cheesy coconut flavoured tiramisu. Repeat to create 2 more layers and your special New Year Dessert is ready.
5. To garnish, sprinkle the tiramisu with roasted coconut.
We hope that you enjoyed making and relishing this unique take on Tiramisu! Wish you all a very Happy New Year, 2017! May this new year bring you lots of luck, joy and much more success!
Pcture Source:http: http://prosourcecoconut.com, https://slawandmore.files.wordpress.com
Celebrate Raksha Bandan with unique gifting ideas from ‘Sustenance Foods
Mango Dessert: Napoleon Of Alphanso And Meringue Glaze!
Mango Recipe: Amritsari Aam Lonjee Da Achaar!
Summer Dessert Recipe: Buttermilk Panna Cotta With Strawberry Coulis!
Baisakhi Special Recipes: Patiala Shahi Kukkad and Punjabi Pindi Chana Zyka