Celebrate Raksha Bandan with unique gifting ideas from ‘Sustenance Foods
If you have a taste for the finer things in life then this unique Napoleon is a must try for your party. Your guests will love this tangy, flavourful recipe specially presented specially to Soul by Chef Aman Tandon of Pride Hotel, Pune.
Napoleon of Red Wine & Saffron Poached Pears, Ahi Tuna & Avocado on Soy peppery Reduction
Yield: 50 Portions
Pears Fresh: 5 Ea
Tuna: 250 gms
Avocado: 2 Ea
Saffron: A little
Orange Juice: 150 ml
Lemon Zest: 1 Tsp
Red onions: 1 Ea
Rice wine Vinegar: ½ Tbsp
Cream (Unsweetened) Whipped: 1 Tbsp
Green Sprouts: 50 gm
Red wine vinegar : 100 ml
Salt to taste
White Pepper Powder to taste
Soy sauce which has been reduced with peppercorns
- Wash, peel and slice and Cut into small roundels
- Dissolve little saffron in warm water and let it infuse for a while to extract color and flavor. Add orange juice to it. Reserve.
- Poach half of red wine vinegar and 50 Ea in saffron & orange juice.
- Cut fine brunnoise of Tuna , mix with chopped lemon & lime zest, fine chopped red onions and brunnoise of avocado. Season with salt and white pepper powder.
- In a miniature round eared dish, spoon a small dot of soy reduction.
- Using Cutter , make a napoleon by arranging the roundel of red wine poached pears within the cutter at the base, spoon a little of the tuna, avocado and onion mixture arrange the roundel of saffron poached pears on top. This should be exactly half the height of the cutter.
- Top up again with a little mixture, careful that it should end just below the rim of the cutter, leaving enough space to be topped with another roundel of red wine poached pear, which is the next step.
Garnish with whipped cream, & sprout.
Let us know how you like this recipe in the comments below!
Picture source: http://videos2.healthination.com, http://www.socalpain.com
Mango Dessert: Napoleon Of Alphanso And Meringue Glaze!
Mango Recipe: Amritsari Aam Lonjee Da Achaar!
Summer Dessert Recipe: Buttermilk Panna Cotta With Strawberry Coulis!
Baisakhi Special Recipes: Patiala Shahi Kukkad and Punjabi Pindi Chana Zyka
Valentine’s Day Special: La Isla Bonita!