Making a Strong Statement this Pujo
The season of capricious drizzle, cloud adorned sepia-toned skyline and rain-draped greenery is here! Yes you have guessed it right, it’s monsoon my lovelies! As much as you enjoy soaking in the feral beauty of the rain, it is vital to be monsoon fashion ready with all the essentials in your wardrobe.
Here goes my top 7 monsoon looks depending on the mood on different days of a week. So here we go-
- Workaholic Monday– Monday blues and monsoon gloom can make anyone indolent. Solution? Pep up your wardrobe by bracing in embroidered shirt tucked in tan or smoke grey culottes. Complement with delicate jewelleries and you are good to call the shots like a girl boss.
- Intimate brunch kind of Tuesday– If you are planning to catch up with your friends whisk away into a printed skater skirt and marry it with a nautical stripe crop top. The clash of prints is a big trend this year and especially on monsoon it would render an edgy twist! Go for a DIY umbrella embellished with pompoms and tassels and keep monsoon blues at bay!
- Bibliophilia Wednesday– If you are one those who just feels like seeking refuge in your favourite books as the drizzle sets the tone for it, then pull off a fusion-wear look by embracing cropped chikankari palazzo and shibori slit-kurti. Handcrafted mirror jewelleries and tinkling charm anklet promises to epitomize pulchritude!
- Movie-date Thursday– Garb in neon pink cold-shoulders top, ankle grazer and a striped sleeveless shirt-dress as a shrug. Steer clear of accessories and be jet set ready to make quite a statement.
- Date-night Friday– If you have a date this Friday, don’t shy away from putting your best fashion footward! A chiffon backless dress with a bralette underneath would maximize the fun! Danglers, handcuffs and dainty anklet and you are ready to make your bae sweep off his feet! If you are fretting about ruining your dress then layer it up with a raincoat and boots and be the sexy monsoon diva.
- Play dress-up Saturday– With the weekend mode on and a bit more time to experiment with your look why not give suspender skirts a try? This retro sartorial wonder from the 1930s America is the celebration of the ebullient you! Slip on a graphic tee, gingham blouse or a top with ruffle detailing at the sleeves, hat and quirky finger rings and you have got a look that is sure to turn heads!
- Languorous Sunday– You might not feel like dressing up this Sunday as you are too wistful to let go off it! Hence your attire matches up to the tune of your mood! Shirt dress, converse and rose-gold sunnies would just take care of your languorous Sunday retail therapy session!
Hope you have some inspiration to create a series of modish looks this monsoon and stay cheerful!
P.S. Light fabrics that can survive the monsoon shower is the key to your monsoon wardrobe.
Till then stay in style and don’t forget to wear your smile!
Dressing for a Corporate Job Interview – From the Designer’s Desk of Blackberrys
Independence Day Lookbook !
Best airport looks by Bollywood celebrities!
Gucci ace Sneakers!
Fashion trends to watch out for in 2018