Top 10 Best Dressed At The Met Gala 2017!
The much awaited London Fashion Week SS 17 has concluded and we couldn’t have asked for more! We could pellucidly identify fashion trends that are going to make their presence felt. Only time will tell which of these trends will be big with the fashionistas.
As of now let’s focus on trends for the upcoming Spring-Summer 2017 that has created the buzz and caught our attention!
- Pink leather jacket – Well this year has been about rose quartz and seems like the pink obsession will only grow stronger next season. Reason? You have pink leather jackets exuding a juxtaposition of suave , feminine and punk vibes! Topshop, Emilia Wickstead and Preen showed us how to walk the talk. Team your pink leather jacket with a denim skirt and thigh high boots to paint the town pink!
- School stripes and Gingham – Stripes and gingham promises to be a dominant feature for the forthcoming spring wardrobe. House of Holland and Preen has extensively used the gingham palette in their collection. Design thespian Mulberry went for stripes all the way for his line that included blazers and swinging school kilts reminding one of the austere and refined tastes of British boarding schools.
- Belts – Fashion doyennes Donatella Versace rooted for belts like never before in her Versus collection. Apart from skin-tight leather and shredded denim what stood out were boob belts – belts fastening the boobs (coming as a no surprise since going bra-less has been a thing for quite sometime now) as well as belted khaki bombers. Gigi Hadid graced the front row!
- Kick flare – The kick flare is going to give a tough competition to skinny jeans. From street-style to the ramp, kick flares are on fleek! They are basically skinny jeans with a bounce at the knee and are cropped at the ankle. Erdem, Marques Almeida and Ryan Lo featured kick flares in their collections for S/S 2017.
- Plexiglass – Greek designer Mary Katrantzou known for her quaint construction and psychedelic prints lived up to her design aesthetics. This time she introduced Perspex palette mini-dresses, channelling her inspiration in the form of vase-like skirts and tile-printed tunics! Loved her standout pieces.
- Biker boots – Stay badass and slay with your attitude and stomper boots next season! Draw inspirations from Versus, Burberry and Gareth Pugh! My call would be teaming up kick flares with biker boots. That would surely culminate to a sexy high-street look!
- Pentagram – Looks like the gothic style profile is going to be big next season and hence there were pentagon prints sprayed all over silhouettes of Preen by the designers Justin Thornton and Thea Bregazzi.
- Ruffles, puffs and cold-shoulder – Architectural ruffles, big and dramatic puffs that accentuate your shoulders are the trend for the year 2016. Cold-shoulders are all going to tag along to the next season too! Erdem, Mother of Pearl and Simone Rocha shows us how to nail the looks.
So my lovelies upgrade your wardrobe and stay ahead for the upcoming spring. Stay in style and wear your radiant smile!
Sonam Kapoor At Cannes 2017 Fashion Diary!
Fashion Trend: Go Big With Oversized Handbags This Spring!
Jewellery Trend: The Year Of The Long Pendants!
New Shoe Collection By Miu Miu!
Fashion Trend Spring 2017: Yellow Is The New Black!