Its herbal tea time with lemon grass
Soul together with Chef of the year, 2016, Chef Aman Tandon, bring to you some lip-smacking, Diwali special recipes to enjoy this Diwali with your family and friends. It’s time to bring the spirit of Diwali alive!
(Juicy, pulpy tiger prawns delicately marinated overnight, laced with crunchy, corny mix – served with mint and tomato relish)
2 cups Curd
2 cups Cream
2 tsp Garlic paste
2 tsp Ginger paste
4 tsp Lemon juice
4 tsp Gram flour
2 tsp White pepper
2 tsp Cumin seeds
2 tsp Clove powder
3 tbsp cornflex mix
1 tbsp semolina
2 tbsp bread crumbs
Salt to taste
1. Clean the prawns.
2. In a bowl, blend the curd and cream well.
3. Add the gram flour, white pepper, clove powder and mix well.
4. Add the prawn and salt, mix to coat the ingredients.
5. Place the prawn mixture in a silver foil and refrigerate for 2 hours.
6. Place the prawn in the tandoor until it turns to a golden color and add butter over it.
7. Cook evenly till done, take out from the skewers and dust with the crunchy mix. Shallow fry one by one. Serve with choice of dips.
LAZEEZ ASHARFIAN is an exceptional dish from the Rampuri cuisine with the goodness of khoya, saffron and nuts deliciously cooked whole and rolled in with rich assortments finished on mahi tawa with mild and aromatized tasteful mix of the royal dum ki tari accompanied with Jalebi Paratha
1 tsp chilli powder
Assorted whole garam masala
200g ghee or oil
800g bottle gourd (Lauki)
100g cashew nuts
A few sprigs of green coriander
1 tsp kewra water
50g poppy seeds
A pinch of saffron
Salt to taste
1. Wash and peel the gourd. Remove the pith. Prick the outside uniformly with a fork. Apply a teaspoon of salt all over and keep aside for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, fry the finely sliced onions to a golden brown and grind to a paste.
3. Fry cashew nuts and chironji separately in same ghee to a pink colour and remove.
4. Coarsely chop cashew nuts and keep in a separate pan.
5 Crumble khoya and keep stirring till it turn to a pinkish hue. Mix the fried nuts in it and keep aside. Grind cloves, cardamom and mace to a paste.
6. Lightly roast the poppy seeds on a griddle and grind to a paste using some of the curd.
7. Pat the gourd dry and fry it in the ghee previously used. Evenly brown all over. Drain ghee and remove.
8. Now in the khoya, add ¼ teaspoon of salt and 2 tablespoon of curd. Blend well. Stuff the mixture inside the gourd.
9. In the curd, mix the onion paste, poppy seed paste, garam masala paste and the saffron dissolved in kewra water. Also add the chilli powder and salt and blend well. Grease a lagan, spread the curd mixture and the remainder of the ghee on it. Then cover with lid and place live charcoal fire on it. Also apply low heat from below. Cook for 30 minutes or till the gourd is done. Serve hot on a platter garnished with sprigs of coriander.
Do tell us how you enjoyed preparing and relishing the dishes in the comments below. Wish you all a warm and prosperous Diwali, 2016!
Celebrate Raksha Bandan with unique gifting ideas from ‘Sustenance Foods
Mango Dessert: Napoleon Of Alphanso And Meringue Glaze!
Mango Recipe: Amritsari Aam Lonjee Da Achaar!
Summer Dessert Recipe: Buttermilk Panna Cotta With Strawberry Coulis!
Baisakhi Special Recipes: Patiala Shahi Kukkad and Punjabi Pindi Chana Zyka