Summer Dessert Recipe: Buttermilk Panna Cotta With Strawberry Coulis!
Here are some Healthy desserts from Chef Aman Tandon, Pride Hotels, Pune, that you can relish with your near and dear ones guilt-free this festive season!
MAURITIAN PINEAPPLE AND FRENCH VANILLA CHEESE CAKE
As bright and sweet as the glee and spark of Diwali, this specially created cheese cake by Chef Aman Tandon of Pride Hotels, Pune, is for friends and family joining together on the festivities.
Double Dairy Cream 1 ½ cups
Pineapple crush 1 cup
Lite Cheese Spread 30 gm
Hung Curd ½ cup
Fresh pineapple tit bits 2 tbsp
Gelatine 2 tbsp
Finely Powdered Sugar 2 tbsp
Pineapple Essence few drops
1. Take double dairy cream in a bowl, mix hung curd and sugar into it.
2. Mix in soaked gelatin, pineapple titbits, half the pineapple crush, pineapple essence cheese spread and mix well.
3. Pour the cheese cake mix into a desired mould and set in a refrigerator for 2 hrs.
4. Before serving, demould the cheese cake and decorate it with the left over pineapple crush, titbits, dollops of whipped cream and suitable garnishing techniques.
EXOTIC GREEN APPLES AND COUSCOUS HALWA
Diwali is the perfect time of holidays , relaxation , freak out , frolicks and good food with bosoms friends — Here is a desi treat with an exotic and healthy element of lebanese couscous – Bikaneri Choorma ladoo in a new Avatar by Chef Aman Tandon, Pride Hotels, Pune— an awesome treat for you and you loved ones!
Time to prepare: 45 mnts
1 cup couscous lapsi or dalia.
1/4 cup desi ghee
To taste organic jaggery
3 cups boiling hot water (3 times the wheat)
A few strands of saffron or 1/4 -1/2 tsp. green cardamom powdered
A handful of almonds flakes & chopped pistachios, mixed
A handful of raisins, if desired
4 – green/red Apples peeled and coarsely chopped
a pinch of cinnamon powder .
1. Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed kadhai.
2. Add couscous and stir-fry until it turns golden colour and an appetizing aroma starts to emit.
3. Add half the water and simmer gently, till the wheat is cooked through. The grains should be soft. Add apples and stir.
4. Add remaining water and jaggery till cooked to a grainy texture with apt sweetness.
5. Add raisins, saffron, cardamom and cinnamon powder.
6. Cook until ghee separates and halwa comes off the edges.
7. Garnish with dry fruits .
8. Serve hot the fibrous, nutty and aromatic, fruity hulwa – a healthy organic dessert, fast to cook and good to eat.
Do give these splendid and Healthy desserts a try and let us know how you loved them!
Baisakhi Special Recipes: Patiala Shahi Kukkad and Punjabi Pindi Chana Zyka
Valentine’s Day Special: La Isla Bonita!
Valentine’s Day Special: Very berry Bellini
Valentine’s Day Special: Very Berry Swirl Shots
Valentine’s Day Special: Oceans Of Fantasy!