Baisakhi Special Recipes: Patiala Shahi Kukkad and Punjabi Pindi Chana Zyka
If your sweet tooth is craving for an innovative, healthy and delicious sweet dish this fall season, look no further. This healthy dessert by Chef Aman Tandon of Pride Hotels, Pune, will please your taste buds in every possible way while keeping that health conscious corner of your mind in check!
• 1 cup couscous/lapsi or dalia.
• 1/4 cup desi ghee
• To taste organic jaggery
• 3 cups boiling hot water (3 times the wheat)
• A few strands of saffron or 1/4 -1/2 tsp. green cardamom powdered
• A handful of almonds flakes & chopped pistachios, mixed
• A handful of raisins, if desired
• 4 – green/red Apples peeled and coarsely chopped
• a pinch of cinnamon powder .
1. Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed kadhai.
2. Add couscous and stir-fry until it turns golden colour and an appetising aroma starts to emit.
3. Add half water and simmer gently,till the wheat is cooked through.the grains should be soft. Add apples and stir.
4. Add remaining water and Gud till cooked to a grainy texture with apt sweetness .
5. Add raisins, saffron, cardamomand cinnamon powder.
6. Cook until ghee separates and halwa comes off the edges.
7. Garnish with dry fruits .
8. Serve the fibrous, nutty and aromatic fruity hulwa hot – a healthy organic dessert- fast to cook and good to eat.
We hope you make this healthy dessert for your family to relish without guilt! Have a sweet and healthy Fall season.
Picture source: https://2o42f91vxth73xagf92zhot2-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com, http://www.healthybuilderz.com
Valentine’s Day Special: La Isla Bonita!
Valentine’s Day Special: Very berry Bellini
Valentine’s Day Special: Very Berry Swirl Shots
Valentine’s Day Special: Oceans Of Fantasy!
14 Lesser Known Indian Desserts!