THE NEW FURLA WATCH 2017 COLLECTION IS HERE
Whether it is your baby’s first steps or whether it is your beautiful feet leaving footprints in the sand of time, your floors are making memories. Similarly ceilings are one of the most important and yet neglected parts of the house. Sitting right above you, it provides shade and brings the architecture of the room to a fuller circle. When you can do so much with your ceilings, why leave it bare and unattended? If you have already been pondering over what you can do with your floors and ceilings, then worry not! I have curated 10 awesome floor and ceiling home decor ideas that will surely transform your home like nothing you have seen before!
1. The most important point to note while designing your floors is that your floor design and home decor should be in consonance with the theme of the room. Choose a décor that is easy maintenance and most importantly keep the type of room in mind before settling on the floor décor.
2. Your living room is like the first page of the book. In other words, the living room is usually the first room that the guests get to see which makes it all the more important for you to be meticulous about every detail.
3. 2017 promises to be a celebration of the minimalist aesthetics which means that it’s time to bid adieu to clutter and embrace subtle and polished sophistication. And so gray hardwood flooring entered the scene and it has taken pinterest by storm.
4. If you don’t want to go all the way with the neutral gray template, fuse colours with green velvet cushions in myriad shapes and sizes to add chutzpah to the room. Another way to break the monotony is to add a dash of pastels. Maybe with a coral toned sofa set or a mint green rug casually thrown on the floor. Or you can root for marble accents which are another big trend this season along with the gray flooring.
5. For your toddler’s room a classic hardwood flooring works best. Throw in colourful round-shaped crochet rugs and remain witness to your li’l one’s joy while she/he frolicks around with toys!
6. Another forecast for floor décor for 2017 is terracotta. What I personally like about terracotta flooring is that it brings character and old-world charm to the room. Accentuate your terracotta floor with brass plant pots and wooden figures to achieve that antiquated and decadent look.
7. If you are someone who swears by prints, then herringbone and chevron print floorings can alter the overall look of the room. But always remember to neutralize the profusion of prints on the floors with colour-block furniture or shelves. The ever-reliable black coupled with hints of red and yellow can usher in a fresh approach. You can even seek inspiration from magnificent Moroccan tiles and give your bathroom a quaint makeover.
8. Adequate attention to your ceilings can do wonders for your home decor! If you are a lover of everything wood and want to incorporate that to the ceilings then there’s so much to choose from. Reclaimed, barn, weathered, whitewashed are just some of the few from the flurry of options. Now you can guess why wood ceilings are so popular.
9. Brick ceilings can bring in a crest of rustic appeal to the room, while snazzy and motivational quotes on the bedroom ceiling can inspire you to beat the Monday blues. Glass ceiling is a cool idea as it can reflect the floor décor and make the room more spacious. Fabric stripes too can be used to dress up your ceiling in a unique way. Geometric structures and panels can add a futuristic touch to the ceiling whereas paintings on ceilings promise to transform the ceiling into a piece of artwork.
10. Another unique way to jazz up your ceilings is to incorporate suspensions like hanging lights, embroidered hoops, clear ball hanging ornaments, suspending terrariums or the much popular fairy lights that would brighten up the room.
So start making plans for your floors and ceilings home decor my lovelies.
Picture Source:http: https://in.pinterest.com
Caught In Kutch Fever!
Montegrappa Presents The Bugatti Chiron Limited Edition Pen Collection!
10 Home Décor Trends For 2017!
Christmas Dessert: YULE LOG!
Eat, Drink, Rave, Repeat- at Toit Brewpub, Bangalore!