Celebrate Raksha Bandan with unique gifting ideas from ‘Sustenance Foods
We mango lovers like to savor mangoes any day and everyday! Wouldn’t you agree? Now how about giving the mango a twist by adding a lemony zing? Yes that’s right….it’s time to reminiscence over a summer gone by and to look forward to many more summers to come, while we sit bundled up cozily in the winter chill, relishing the mango dessert with a twist, Senorita, by Chef Aman Tandon of Pride Hotels, Pune.
Without further ado, here is the recipe for this delightful dessert:
For the Lemon Mix:
• 250 ml double dairy cream
• zest of 1/2 lemon & 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 4 tablespoons honey
For the Mango Purée:
• 3 large mangoes, peeled and stoned, 1 finely chopped (reserve 1/4 to serve)
• 4 teaspoons honey
• juice of 1/2 lemon
For the garnishing of SENORITA:
• flesh of 1/4 mango, finely chopped
• mint sprigs.
1. For the SENORITA, with a hand-mixer or wire whisk, whip the heavy cream until slightly thickened. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice & honey with a wooden spoon and stir to combine. Let it sit for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. For the purée, put the flesh of 2 mangoes in a food processor or blender and blend to a purée. Add the honey and lemon juice and blend until smooth. With a spoon, stir in 3/4 of the finely chopped mango. Spoon the purée mixture into the bases of 6 glasses.
3. Spoon the whipped cream mixture on top of the mango purée.
4. Garnish with the remaining 1/4 finely chopped mango and add a sprig of mint to finish.
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have and hope that you give your guests, friends and family a delightful surprise this holiday season!
Picture source : http://4.bp.blogspot.com, http://previews.123rf.com
Mango Dessert: Napoleon Of Alphanso And Meringue Glaze!
Mango Recipe: Amritsari Aam Lonjee Da Achaar!
Summer Dessert Recipe: Buttermilk Panna Cotta With Strawberry Coulis!
Baisakhi Special Recipes: Patiala Shahi Kukkad and Punjabi Pindi Chana Zyka
Valentine’s Day Special: La Isla Bonita!