Christmas is here and it’s time to get together with your loved ones to whip up the evergreen, yummilicious and traditional Yule log once again! Soul along with Chef Aman Tandon (of Pride hotels), brought to you a traditional dessert, yule log, commonly known by its French name Buche de Noel, last year. Now let’s look back to the recipe of Yule log traditionally called Buche de Noel that is decorated with confectioners’ sugar to resemble snow on a Yule log!
For The Sponge
100 gm cocoa powder
400 g Maida, plus
1tsp baking powder
16 large eggs
400g caster sugar,
For the Icing
750g dark chocolate
800g double cream
150g icing sugar – to taste
For the filling
300 gm cashew nut, almonds, raisins, apricots caramelized.
299 gm each of white and dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 200 c. Line a sponge baking tray with baking paper.
2. Sift the cocoa, flour and baking powder into a bowl.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until they are thick, creamy and have doubled in volume. This will take at least 5 minutes.
4. Gently fold in the flour and cocoa mixture with a large metal spoon, taking care not to knock out too much air. Pour into the tin.
5. Place in the oven for 40 minutes, until the sponge is just firm to touch. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for a couple of minutes before turning out onto baking paper to be dusted with caster sugar.
For the Belgian Chocolate Icing
1. Gently melt the chocolate over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave. Leave to cool slightly.
2. Blend in the double cream and icing sugar. Mix in the melted chocolate and leave to cool to room temperature. The mixture will thicken as it cools.
3. Spread over the cold sponge sheets and mix in caramelized dry fruits and chocolate chips, and carefully roll the sponge to form a log shape. Transfer to a serving plate.
4. Spread the icing over the sponge with a palate knife and use a fork to create a bark effect. Add other festive decorations.
We hope that you keep the recipe for this yule log for many generations to relish. Wish you all a Merry Christmas!
Pcture Source:http://thumbs.dreamstime.com, http://images6.fanpop.com, https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com
Threads and Stitches collection by Rustorange
THE NEW FURLA WATCH 2017 COLLECTION IS HERE
Caught In Kutch Fever!
Montegrappa Presents The Bugatti Chiron Limited Edition Pen Collection!
10 Fantastic Floor And Ceiling Home Decor Ideas!