Chettinad Food Festival at South of Vindhyas
Us Desi at heart just can’t help but relish laddoos while reminiscing over a childhood fiilled with rich ghee homemade laddoos. But now is a time where we can no longer delight in fatty desi ghee laddoos and instead look for healthy options. It is the era of a health conscious generation. So here is a healthy laddoo recipe by Chef Aman Tandon of Pride Hotels, Pune, for all those laddoo fans to enjoy without guilt!
Coarse Wheat Flour+ multigrain powder 1 cup each = 2 cups
Rawa ½ cup
Powdered Sugar 2 cup
Jaggery ¼ cup
Water 60 ml
Health food mix Vanilla Powder 60 gm
Assorted roasted Dry Fruits (slivered) 15-20 No.s
Green Cardamom Powder (Elaichi) ½ tsp
Nutmeg/Jaiphal powder, Pinch to taste
Low fat milk to moisten and bind the muthias
1. Take coarse wheat flour, and add rawa to it. Add water and knead very tight dough.
2. Make small balls/ muthias out of this dough and roast pre dampened with milk .
3. Once the wheat balls are golden allow them to cool, later grind them coarsely in a food mixer. Add elaichi and jaiphal powder in the ground wheat.
4. Add shredded jaggery and allow jaggery to melt in the fresh roast. Mix well .
5 To the cooled mix add the Health food mix powder and mix well free of any lumps. To dampen, use small amount of milk on palms, take the choorma mix and make small round balls .
6. Allow them to cool and place them in an air tight container.
Picture source: http://static6.shop.indiatimes.com, http://2.bp.blogspot.com
Its herbal tea time with lemon grass
Celebrate Raksha Bandan with unique gifting ideas from ‘Sustenance Foods
Mango Dessert: Napoleon Of Alphanso And Meringue Glaze!
Mango Recipe: Amritsari Aam Lonjee Da Achaar!
Summer Dessert Recipe: Buttermilk Panna Cotta With Strawberry Coulis!