Mango Dessert: Napoleon Of Alphanso And Meringue Glaze!
Although we are well into 2017, it is that time once again for Indians to don new clothes, prepare special delicacies, meet friends and family and celebrate a new year! Some go by the name Baisakhi, some by Ugadi and still others by Gudi Padwa. It is that time when the Hindu calenders show the turn of a new year.
Here are some lip smacking recipes by Best chef of the year award winner our celebrity Chef Aman Tandon of Hotel Crowne Plaza Ahmedabad City Center, for you to try and enjoy with your friends and family this Baisakhi as you spread the cheer.
PATIALA SHAHI KUKKAD
4 TSP chana masala
4 cup plain wheyed out yoghurt
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. dried fenugreek leaves
1 tsp. garam masala
1 tsp. minced gingerroot
1/4 tsp. chili powder
700 g chicken whole
1. Mix all the ingredients, except for chicken.
2. Reserve 1/4 of the sauce mixture.
3. Pour the remaining mixture over chicken in a shallow dish. Turn to evenly coat both sides of the chicken.
4. Refrigerate 2 hours to marinate.
5. Heat barbecue to medium-high heat.
6. Remove chicken from marinade and discard the marinade.
7. Grill the chicken for 24 min or until done (170°F), turning and brushing occasionally with the reserved sauce mixture.
PUNJABI PINDI CHANA ZYKA
1 cup chickpeas (kabuli chana)
1 tea bag or 1 tbsp black tea leaves tied in a cheesecloth
21/2-inch ginger, 3/4th of it shredded finely for garnish
2-3 tbsp oil
2 onions chopped
2 tsp garlic, finely crushed
2 green chilies, sliced
3 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
2 tsp ground coriander
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 – 1tsp red chili powder or as per taste
Salt To Taste
1/2 tsp garam masala
Finely chopped coriander leaves
How to make pindi chole:
1. Soak Chole in water overnight or for about 6 hours.
2. Cook the chole with salt and enough water in the cooker for about 20 minutes or till fully done.
3. Drain, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid.
4. Finely chop the remaining ginger. Heat oil and sauté onions till golden, then add garlic and chopped ginger and green chilies. Sauté for 5 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, coriander, cumin, turmeric and chili powder and sauté over low heat until the oil separates.
6. Add chole, the reserved cooking liquid, salt and half of the coriander leaves. Simmer, uncovered until the liquid has been absorbed.
7. Add a pinch of garam masala and serve pindi chana sprinkled with the remaining garam masala, coriander leaves and shredded ginger.
Here is wishing you all a very Happy Baisakhi, Ugadi and Gudi Padwa just to name a few!
Mango Recipe: Amritsari Aam Lonjee Da Achaar!
Summer Dessert Recipe: Buttermilk Panna Cotta With Strawberry Coulis!
Valentine’s Day Special: La Isla Bonita!
Valentine’s Day Special: Very berry Bellini
Valentine’s Day Special: Very Berry Swirl Shots