Rosegal products review
The grandiloquent Amazon India Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2017 recently concluded unleashing a bevy of trends that is giving us wardrobe goals! So without much ado let’s have a sneak peek into the highlights of the show.
- Belted Saris – If there is one outfit that has stood the test of time and is never out of fashion, it is the sari. Krishna Mehta heralded the belted saris with jackets as the ‘it’ way to do it for the forthcoming spring/summer. The dazzling colour scheme made it a perfect dose to nail an evening look. P.S. Either wear your hair in a clean tuft or keep your tresses open with middle-parting. Embrace bold sunset hues for your lips to be that epitome of pulchritude.
- Capes – Capes promise to take the spring by storm if we are to take note of the fashion predictions of Masaba Gupta, Pankaj and Nidhi, Pria Kataria Puri and Mandira Wirk.
- Leather – Designer duo Gauri and Nayanika Karan collaborated with New York based designer label Zana Bayne to accessorize their demure gowns with body cages, leather body harnesses and waist clinching belts. The leather accessories in the shade of oxblood provided a twist to the line of collection making them sassy, natty head-turners.
- Stripes and patterns – Looks like prints and patterns are going to be big next season and a pantheon of designers showed us how! While Rajesh Pratap Singh’s models walked the talk in B/W indo-western looks that included polka-dotted jackets and shirts teamed with striped trousers and coats, designer duo Hemant and Nandita also followed the same route through the incorporation of stripes and patterns. P.S. Go for colour block shoes in deep purple or luscious red or the ornate emerald as it would complement beautifully with the patterns and at the same time would garner the right kind of attention.
- Chanderi – Keeping in spirit with the #iwearhandloom campaign, the first two days of Amazon India Fashion week S/S 2017 celebrated the elegance and timelessness of handloom. This year 16 designers paid their ode to Chanderi-heritage heirloom from Madhya Pradesh. Ka-Sha revelled in the glory of Chanderi through a strong collection of petticoat skirts, Divyam Mehtam swore by soft and pleated silhouettes, Payal Pratap interpreted the Chanderi through Gingham sarees and Angrakha blouses, and Gaurav Gupta presented a line of maxi skirts on a canvas of rainbow colours.
- Ivory – Ivory emerged as the colour of the forthcoming season. Sheer frocks, palazzos, sequins and handlooms were done on a palette of ivory. P.S. Embrace pop-colours in your look to maximize the impact of ivory.
- Separates – Another trend that shone through this year’s Fashion Week is separates. From sarees coordinated with jackets to palazzos married to crop tops, skirts and tunics. Urvashi Kaur bestowed the fashion lovers with a palette of separates that included palazzos with spaghetti kurtas, linen jersey t-shirts with saris, and skirts.
- Make-up trends – Elton Fernandez, the official make-up artist for Maybelline, New York is of the view that shimmer eyeshadows, bold and vivid lips, graphic lines and contoured and highlighted countenance are ‘in’ as it gives a plush and portentous look.
Time to upgrade your wardrobes lovelies! Stay in style and don’t forget to wear your smile!
Picture source: http://www.kokolife.tv, http://media.vogue.in
When it comes to bridal wear go for Anushree Reddy
When Fashion goes delicious!
Accessorize Launches Its S/S 2017 Collection!
H&M’s S/S 2017 Collection!
Fashion Trend: Spring 2017 Is Sequins Season!